LOCAL councillors have been updating residents with plans for improvements to Bournville Park (off Linden road) and Bournville Park extension (betwen Hay Green Lane and Woodbrooke road). The plans include a new footbridge and a rock climbing feature.
Funding of £10,000 from the ‘Community Chest’ fund was approved at the last meeting of the Ward committee in September. This is in addition to a reported £250,000 worth of investment announced earlier in the year.
The proposed new facilities and improvements, which are “subject to affordability,” are:
- New footbridge to replace existing wooden footbridge.
- New metal bollards to replace existing wooden ones.
- Streetmaster ‘Oakland’ steel picnic benches.
- Replacement see-saw.
- ‘Rockstakz’ double rock climbing feature.
- Car park resurfaced.
- Tennis courts to have lines remarked.
- Solar studs installed into footpath between Woodbrooke Lane and Hay Green Lane.